Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leacie and DanDaddy


Dad is really weak today and making faces like he is in alot of pain. This morning when I asked him if he was hurting, he pointed at his head. This afternoon he pointed at his side when Mom asked him. So hard to know if he really understands and/or where he is hurting. We don't take any chances and give him Acetominophen every 6 to 8 hours anyway.



When Leacie decided to get out of bed (around noon) she came in and hugged and kissed him and told him she loved him. She sits on the arm of his chair and gets right in his face and oo's and ah's over him. He patted her and said, "You're a good girl." Well, I lost it and started crying, made Mom and Leacie cry also.

One of those beautiful moments that I hope she tucks away and remembers forever.

Be kind and make good decisions.

1 comment:

Linda Maney Shope said...

Martha, I love your daddy, he and your Mom were always so special to me, as well as your whole family. I know he is very proud of you and you should be very proud of yourself for taking on this extremly hard but rewarding task you have taken on. Not many people have someone like you to take care of them when they are sick and can't take care of themselves. You are my hero! I love you girl.